Thanks for the responses. Mnyb, is the bug in the link you provided
fixed in my current software (7.7.3) or is it yet to be released? It was
difficult to tell by the last post in that thread.

So far it hasn't lost the connection to the server but I have a new
issue with Pandora. It will start to play a song and then after a minute
or so stop and rebuffer for a few seconds. Sometimes it will do this
multiple times for each song, and other times it will play completely
through without rebuffering. It's also not updating the screen info to
the next song again. I've seen it do this before when my internet
connection becomes flaky (Verizon wireless) to the point where it's
about as fast as dial up, but right now my speeds are ok (1.5-2.0 mbps).

Pandora works fine if I stream directly from my laptop.