bpa wrote:
> The DAC thro the USB interface will report back the max rate it
> supports. If the DAC reports that it only support max 96k - then AFAIK
> LMS will be told that max data to be sent to SBT is 96k and if you play
> a 192k file it will be downsampled by LMS and a 96k stream will be sent
> to SBT.
>
> So it is possible that with your old Peachtreee DAC that only a 96k
> stream was sent over wifi and so your wifi has not proven capable of
> handling a 192k stream (even though SBT is capable of playing a 192k
> stream).  In which case I suggest instead of doing further changes, that
> you test with a wired connection.

Actually, my wifi has proven capable of streaming 192.  I should
reiterated something I shared in an earlier post.  If I use digital coax
out of the SBT to the DAC, with EDO, I get 192 to play.  The DAC has a
display that shows the sample rate, and so can the squeezebox.

So I really do think it's something about the USB connection between the
2 devices.