get.amped wrote:
> The wifi repeater should simply create a bridge between it and the other
> wifi access point/router. The devices that connect to it still have
> their own individual and (supposedly) unique Media Access Control (MAC)
> addresses, but maybe the repeater is somehow obfuscating them. If that
> is the case, it would still need to make DHCP requests on behalf of the
> devices connected to it. Depending on what the capabilities are of the
> device providing DHCP services on your network (probably your broadband
> router), you could make DHCP reservations for all your known devices,
> assuring that they always get the same IP address without having to
> statically assign them in the devices' own configurations. You will
> still have some maintenance to do periodically because you will want to
> remove reservations for devices that are no longer in use.

Thanks.  I think I'll just set static on the devices which access the
repeater.

I've googled for details on the repeater (Huawei ws 322) but without
success.   It was a pig to setup - but once done it works rather well,
and seems to have little impact on the overall network performance.
It's located about 20m away on an upper floor  and extends the network
significantly.

I've looked at the repeater admin pages but can't see any option for
bridging - so, as it works, I'm not messing with it!

Thanks for all the advice.

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1