paf wrote:
> THE TECHNICAL SIDE
> A SqueezeBox Radio just next to the Touch works perfectly with the same
> remotes ==> it is definitively a problem in the Touch.
> Yes, IR sensors are usually very reliable, but the failure can be
> anywhere in the chain between the photodiode/transistor and the digital
> signal, so there are some possibilities. And it seems that the IR
> sensors of the SB Touch do fail (see the other messages in this
> thread).
>
> ==> the only chance I see of solving the problem without schematics is
> if the SB Touch used an integrated IR receiver module (i.e. an IR diode,
> amplifier, filter with digital output all in a package) which I could
> replace. Anybody knows if it is the case?

These are the only pictures I've ever found of the inner life of the
Touch:
http://diyparadise.com/blogs/2010/05/08/opened-up-the-squeezebox-touch/
There you'll also find instructions for how to open it up.

I have no Touch, but the IR sensor is probably the little module at
approximately top left on the first and second picture. Perhaps you
could verify this by looking for a suitable hole on the front panel.

I have no idea what the kind/make/model of the module is, though. You'll
probably have to open the Touch up and see for yourself, but obviously
there's no guarantee of finding a comprehensible marking anyway.

Good luck!

Best Regards,
Gandhi

not often enough well recorded and mastered cds *|* dbpoweramp with
accuraterip *|* flac *|* fanless asrock z77e-itx intel i5-3570t *|*
ubuntu 12.04.1 lts 32-bit *|* lms 7.8.0 *|* brutefirdrc 3.0 (rewv5) *|*
transporter (balanced out) *|* thule ia252b *|* audio physic scorpio *|*
no fancy cables. *+* also some booms. *+* harmony 525s for them all,
including waking the server from s3.