cfseibert wrote:
> So, you think this Touch could be working correctly, just not reporting
> correctly?  And how could I confirm that? I guess to answer my own
> question, I could carry the thing to the house of a friend who has a DAC
> that reports incoming sample rate.....

Or set some debug options in the log settings in LMS then you see the
transcoding parameters being used .

But if it shows the (705k) it is transcoded for some reason I would also
investigate the file types settings , at 24/96 does it transcode then ?

Are using USB , this hinges on that the DAC should report it's
capabilities to EDO who in turn tells the server for example "this DAC
only does 24/48" so it will be transcoded . Similar to how LMS knows the
capacity of the diffrent squeezeboxes .

Using SPDIF does it still transcode for 24/192 .

What file formats are we using some will always be transcoded and some
will be depending on settings in file types .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )