Bluedroog wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, I am using USB, I thought this was supposed to be
> the best method as it is clock locked. I could just dim the DACs display
> I suppose but it does run quite warm.

Well I always thought the main reason for EDO was to enable the SBT to
play/pass through high res files. The co-ax will do that.

The M-dac usb connection does not seem to be a 'regular' one and folk
have problems with the M-Dac, SBT/EDO,and also with M-Dac, Raspberry
pi/USB.

You could try connecting a USB power supply (aqvox type thingy) or
connecting a powered USB hub to the SBT and the M-Dac to the HUB.