sckramer wrote:

> you are not even comparing the things I'm talking about, sheesh

Oh but I am. The Touch optical, coax compared to the RPI's connected by
USB all sound the same to me. That suggests that the "jitter" and
"noise" coming out of the Touch's digital outputs are not too bad, and
certainly well below what's audible for human beings.

You should read Archimago's blogs from time to time. There you will find
many interesting articles who are backed by real measurements. There you
will soon understand that what you are stating is incorrect.

'M-DAC' (http://www.audiolab.co.uk/M-DAC%20Series.aspx?lang=En) ->
'Focal MP1200' (http://www.mp1200.co.nf/) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
2 x Wandboard Dual, 1 x Wandboard Quad
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon