chopinhauer wrote:
> Going back to the original question, I too would like to plug an
> external HD with over 1TB of music into the usb port of the Touch.
>
> My situation is that I am moving from running all my music from a a
> large HDD on my PC running LMS to what? That's the question. The PC is
> going and all that remains is a Macbook air and possibly an iMac with a
> smallish HDD (don't ask why?). Can I now connect an external HDD
> directly to the Touch and run all the music and LMS from the touch
> thereby totally by-passing the Mac?

"Yes" but the experience is not what you are used to , it has
limitations like no web-UI no plugins and more . Touch is really
underpowered to run the server properly.

So I recommend you connect the external HD to the iMac and have proper
LMS experience .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )