Grumpy Bob wrote:
> The WD hard drive is a stand alone unit running a Linux distro and LMS.
> You connect the player wirelessly to it. Check out 'the thread that
> describes it.'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?105512-Portable-squeezebox-with-a-Western-Digital-quot-Passport-Wireless-quot)..
>
> Robert

Thanks for the clarification Robert. Yes, it does look like the solution
I've been looking for SO LONG AS I'M ABLE TO PROGRAM IT WITH LMS. And
this is a big caveat. I'm well able to follow instructions, but I have
absolutely no acquaintance with linux command line as you have. I saw
another link to installing Squeezecentre on a WD My Cloud
http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=11042. I realise
that this is a different product (a NAS which needs to be connected to a
network) but I am wondering if a similar, non-command line procedure
would work with the My Passport Wireless.

On the other hand, if you think that just following the instructions in
your link
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?105512-Portable-squeezebox-with-a-Western-Digital-quot-Passport-Wireless-quot
is enough, then I will go for it.