DanSmedra wrote:
> No...I DON'T CARE. Go pound sand!

I don't understand your anger in this response. Julf is asking a
technical question about comparisons, which is relevant, and then
following up with a very reasonable answer to your question about why
one would care.  If I'm comparing what appears to be two identical cars
except different colors, and one very much outperforms the other, I'd
really like to know whether the engine and drivetrains are identical or
different so I can understand the performance drivers.  (as opposed to
simply saying, wow, the blue car is better and that's all I need to
know).   It may be that one simply buys the blue car and is happy (as
they should be).  But this is a forum discussing audio issues and users
typically are interested in the "whys and hows" related to our audio.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify