On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Rob Landley <r...@landley.net> wrote:
> On 01/17/2015 12:09 AM, enh wrote:
>> more progress...
>
> I need to update roadmap.html.
>
>> next to look at:
>>
>>     df --- missing -h; column alignment broken. no need to support old
>> Android output format.
>
> I have a half-finished rewrite of this to do the ls -l "buffer the
> output, count up the sizes, output everything aligned to the size of the
> longest entry in each column" trick.
>
> I'd genericize it in lib if I could figure out how. Maybe when a third
> command does this it'll look like common code...
>
>>     du --- our default block size was 512; -h output slightly
>> different. [patch sent upstream]
>
> The only old one I have pending from you us the touch patch, although I
> see there are some new ones this morning. (I may have lost track of this
> one, might need a resend.)

i'll look it out and resend. iirc it was worded more as a query
because i know BSD has a lot more options to its equivalent
'human_readable' and i suspect when we're done with all the -h options
we'll have needed the lot, but i'm guessing you just want to add
what's needed right now?

> (I was trying to clear your patches so I could tackle Ashwini Sharma's
> pending pile from October, but there's a strong appeal in staying
> current as well. Although I found one more #*%&(# thing wrong with sed...)
>
>>     ls --- missing -Z
>
> I don't have a patch for this and am not competent to do it myself: I
> don't use selinux, dunno what's expected here.

no worries. this is just me showing my own to-do list. (mostly the
SELinux stuff is on a separate list that i don't even bother
including. not sure why ls is on the wrong list.) actually, someone
asked "when do we get toybox ls?" the other day because they were sick
of -h not working. they were disappointed to hear that toybox doesn't
support -h yet either, but that wouldn't be a regression. afaik, the
lack of -Z is the only thing i need to address. it looked like the
tizen guys found and fixed a number of existing bugs with ls output.
did they send the patches to you? if so, i'll probably wait until
that's done.

https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/toybox.git/commit/?id=f7a1a508ee6c713e93c030bba3ce19999ba69c2a

https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/toybox.git/commit/?id=54e0fb4d814aeb8ddd8584351cea8f4c4b8b8322

https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/toybox.git/commit/?id=131ea0f2410651754c442ce77eca67bbba5d271d

btw, you can see in those patches that they (and i) need to add a
temporary buffer for the security context. it's well documented that
you don't like #if but -- as with the addition of declarations of
functions that won't be defined -- it's not clear to me whether you're
happy with unused locals, and if so, whether you want
__attribute__((unused)) to keep things quiet?