On 01/17/15 00:09, enh wrote:
> more progress...
> I’ve moved the following commands over to toybox, removing the old
> toolbox implementations:
>
>     vmstat

Going into a bit more depth on vmstat, on my netbook right now:

$ vmstat
procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- -system-- ----cpu----
 r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in   cs us sy id wa
 7  0 2677468 163892 129332 970508   15   12   132   117    2   15 37  7 54  2
$ ./toybox vmstat
procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- -system-- ----cpu----
 r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in   cs us sy id wa
 2  0 2677468 166900 129376 971616  14   11   473   418    0  777 37  7 54  2

The "memory" and "system" fields (swpd, free, buff, cache, us, sy, id, wa)
look right. (And at least mine gets the rounding right. :)

The "swap" fields (si/so) are close but _consistently_ off by one, some
 sort of rounding difference?.

The i/o stuff isn't even close and I haven't got a clue what it thinks
it's reporting. The ratios are consistent but:

>>> print 473.0/132.0
3.58333333333
>>> print 418/117.0
3.57264957265

Three and a bit? (Rounding _and_ different block size...?)

And then there's "system". I have no idea what that's displaying.

Also, vmstat and ls both do variable indenting of fields, but use completely
different implementations that don't genericize easily. (ls is doing readahead
and measuring, vmstat has an array of fields each marked with a padding
length and if it goes over it forces the padding of all future fields to one
space until it's back under budget. Not really the same, but the human
readable changes pending elsewhere open this can of worms in a _third_ way...)

So that's why _that_ one is in the pending README.

Rob