On 2024-09-25 10:29:25, Rob Landley wrote:
> > GitHub users are now required to enable two-factor authentication as
> > an additional security measure. Your activity on GitHub includes you
> > in this requirement. You will need to enable two-factor authentication
> > on your account before November 07, 2024, or be restricted from account
> > actions.
>
> So apparently I'm losing access to microsoft github on November 7th. I still
> have https://landley.net/toybox/git/ but that isn't particularly load-bearing.
>
> Anybody got any suggestions for an alternate git hosting service? I haven't
> looked around recently.
>
> (Sorry, I've been really busy in tokyo. Fallen way behind on everything else.
> I'm scheduled to fly back to the states october 1st and hope to catch up
> then.)

My personal solution to the github problem long ago was to host my own
cgit instance on my own server.  No idea what sort of load it can handle,
though as the name suggests, it's written in C, for what that's worth.
None of my source code is as popular as some of yours.  No idea if that
would be suitable for you.  Naturally means you would also need your own
bug track etc.