Hello.  I am interested in connecting an instance of Trac and an instance of
Bugzilla together.  Currently I have both systems authenticating against the
same LDAP repository (Microsoft Active Directory in this case), and want to
take advantage of the better UI and ease of use features of Trac while not
snatching everything out from under the engineering team by just migrating the
bugs from Bugzilla and saying, "Here you go - enjoy your new system."

  For this situation, I was wondering if anyone has done anything like adding a
button to the View Ticket form that would post the Trac Ticket information to
another system (like a Bugzilla).  Short of just forcing the engineering team
to start using Trac, an option we are considering is adding some functionality
that would "link" the Trac ticket and it's corresponding Bugzilla item.  The
quick and dirty way would be to post comments to the Trac and Bugzilla ticket
with links to each others' system, with a snippet web-form to do the job (i.e.
a form that says enter the Trac ticket # and the Bugzilla ticket # you want to
link), with this feature being automated by a "Forward this ticket to Bugzilla"
feature that would generate a new bugzilla item - get the # out of the database
and make the appropriate connections.

  I could probably get some mileage out of rewording this problem/issue, but my
guess is that anyone that has had similar aspirations might have a sense of
what I'm trying to do and hopefully some success that they would be willing to
share?

  Heck, even making Bugzilla look like Trac from a style perspective would be a
welcome solution --- I've seen this on one website before, but I can't find it
to save my life again.

  Thanks,

  Vincent