Thanks for the response, Noah.  Sorry for breaking the reply-to protocol.  I
thought that if I hit reply, but modified the text and the subject accordingly
that it would have the same effect as a "new" email.  If I forgot to do
something it was definitely uninintentional and I will use compose a "new" item
going forward.  (Please note that my last post went out before I read your
response, so please forgive).

Vincent

Noah Kantrowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: cobwebsmasher wrote:
> I am currently using LDAP authentication (Microsoft Active Directory) against
> Trac.  Works wonderfully, although I admit it was a headache at first, so if
> anyone needs config files against Apache 2.x, feel free to ping me.  :)
>
> I have 2 questions.

0. Please don't hit reply when starting a new thread. It breaks
standards-compliant MUAs.

> 1.  Email Notification to users.  How do I get Trac to "know" what the email
> address is for the users in the LDAP directory?  For login purposes, we are
> using the sAMAccount, which resolves to names like frank and jamie, whereas
> the email address is typically [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I am
> working on an instance of Trac for another client that seems to do auto-email
> to folks even when you only login as "frank" and "jamie", but the admin has
> no idea how or why it is capable of doing this.  Any ideas?

1. Look at smtp_default_domain in trac.ini

> 2.  Drop down list for assign to: and cc: --- In Bugzilla, you have a drop
> down list for users when you want to assign tickets and or cc them.  This is
> considered a good thing so that folks don't typo the heck out of their
> assignment/cc lists.  Anyone know if there's a hack or plugin that would
> replicate that functionality?  Ideally it would be able to do an LDAP lookup,
> but I would be happy with having a manual or database driven list as well if
> need be.

2. restrict_owner in trac.ini

--Noah