On Nov 9, 2007 11:27 AM, Tyrone Hed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    When I telnet into the server and type:  echo $PYTHONPATH it returns with
> /apps/Python-2.5.1

I don't know how AIX installs software, but that positively looks wrong.

I'm going to assume that /apps is where it deposits the whole
distribution for Python.  Underneath /apps/Python-2.5.1, there should
be a directory called "site-packages".  PYTHONPATH should point in
there.  E.g.,:

$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/apps/Python-2.5.1/site-packages

Maybe you should, for safety's sake, do this before running tracd:

$ export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/apps/Python-2.5.1/site-packages

(or the equivalent for your shell; the above works with Bash and Zsh).

Give that a shot and see if that works.  But, even so, that is
disturbing to me; several Google searches suggests that
/usr/local/lib/python2.5.1/site-packages is where things should go,
even for AIX.  Maybe it is a symbolic link?

--
Samuel A. Falvo II