I'm an expert in neither.  That said, I prefer Trac to Bugzilla because:

1) Integration
   bugs are in the timeline
   bugs can be referred to in the Wiki, in commit comments, etc.
2) Lightweight and simple.
   Trac, by default, does not burden bug submitters (or anyone else)
   with a lot of what I regard as irrelevant details.  I've been
developing
   software for some years now, with varying degrees of process, and
   I have never yet gotten much utility out of all the knobs that
Bugzilla
   (and other systems) provide.

Some people like all those knobs, but I think those people are crazy
(unless, of course, one of those people is your manager, in which
case I am just some nutcase on the internet).

The problem with the knobs comes about because bug tracking
systems have at least three client communities:  bug
reporters, developers, and "managers".  Bug reporters should
not be bothered with lots of questions that they cannot
answer correctly.  Developers need somewhat more
information, but that is information that they supply and
maintain. "Managers" (in scare quotes, because the manager
may just be the team member tasked with this job) like to be
able to track things like bug open and close rates,
correlation of bugs with chunks of code, etc.  I am slightly
suspicious of the data coming from bug tracking systems,
because I have seen it get badly influenced by both bad UI
(put off updating the bug database, because there is always
something less painful to do) and bad process (changing the
rules for bug priority/severity mid-course w/o
back-correcting all the old bugs, thus resulting in a
spurious rate change).  And, for some software, I have been
unable to reliably search the bug database for duplicates,
or decided that it was such a hassle, that I just punted and
did not file the bug.

I usually interact with bug databases as a reporter or developer,
and thus I am most sensitive to UI issues.