>  Has ANYONE successfully built and USED trac on Mac OS X
>  Leopard?  Is there ANYTHING I can do to get this working?

This should be as easy as (for Trac 0.11/dev, test installation):

mkdir ~/tmp
svnadmin create ~/tmp/svntest
easy_install genshi
svn co http://svn.edgewall.org/repos/trac/trunk
cd trunk
python setup.py egg_info
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin PYTHONPATH=$PWD
trac/admin/console.py ~/tmp/tractest initenv
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin PYTHONPATH=$PWD
trac/web/standalone.py -p 8080 ~/tmp/tractest

(tested on MacMini Core 2 Duo, ie 64 bits)

Cheers,
Manu