I have not figured this one out yet but I saw a previous post about
problems with Genshi 0.5.

My issue is, to gain some transform functionality I have upgraded to
Genshi 0.5 (dev).

I can run trac with tracd but my normal usage is with mod_python.

Apache now throws an error that

   ExtractionError: Can't extract file(s) to egg cache

  The following error occurred while trying to extract file(s) to the
Python egg
  cache:

    [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/phil/.python-eggs'

    The Python egg cache directory is currently set to:

    /home/phil/.python-eggs\n\n

Problem is that I have set

   SetEnv PYTHON_EGG_CACHE /var/cache/trac

in my httpd.conf

the call path seems to be:
   mod_python calls trac
   trac eventually imports from genshi
   genshi calls speedups.py (some c speedups)
   when setuptools (0.6c7) gets around to looking for the module it's
not getting the right stuff.

This will probably become a more prevelant error as time goes on.
I'll update if i find a workaround but for now I'll have drop out of
mod_python in to another mode.

--
Phil