Noah thanks for the info.

I'm not there yet.

> > Do you know what the issue/resolution (ie trac changeset or ticket)
> > was?
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/6871

I have mod_python 3.2.8 and have a system with lib64/python2.4/site-
packages.

Dam, lib64 dual site-packages bugs are over my head.
An abbreviated version of the error /  stacktrace is (all from
frontend.py):

 PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend:   File "/usr/lib64/
python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 287, in
HandlerDispatch\n
log=debug)
 PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend:   File "/usr/lib64/
python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 464, in
import_module\n    module = imp.load_module(mname, f, p,
d)

then:

/trac/web/__init__.py", line 1,     from trac.web.api import
*
/trac/web/api.py", line 29          from trac.util import
get_last_traceback
/trac/util/__init__.py", line 33,   from trac.util.html import escape,
unescape, Markup,
Deuglifier
/trac/util/html.py", line 16,       from genshi import Markup, escape,
unescape

Looks like importing mod_python fires line 287 then link 464 in
apache.py
At that point a load module is fired which cascades to an import
genshi failure

Can't track this down on my production machine.  I'll have to wait to
reproduce the errors on a similarly configured and versioned machine.

--
Phil