On Jul 8, 11:57 am, "Emmanuel Blot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Question: Does this sound like functionality that can be made
> > available via Trac (and possible plugins) ?
>
> Yes - if you use Subversion: you'll need the trac-commit-hook script
> which is available from the /contrib directory
>
> > If so, what does the work process look like? Would I need 3rd party
> > plugins? If so, Are those also free?
>
> No plugin, only the script (that you may need to tailor to your needs)
> which is invoked from Subversion.
>
> The "process" is quite simple: the commit log message should start
> with some keywords and a ticket number.
>
> HTH,
> Manu

Not only that, but there are plugins for Eclipse to make life even
better.  In eclipse,  you can check in/out files to subversion with
subclipse, and you can integrate Mylyn with trac.  (I have just done
this second part today, haven't done the first one yet)  Combined with
the previously mentioned commit scripts you can literally do
everything inside eclipse, get your tickets, work on them, check in
files, update the tickets, etc.  Until now, I hated eclipse, now I
almost like it.

Yet you still have web access to trac, subversion, the project wiki,
etc.  You do need some Eclipse plugins, and some Trac plugins to get
it up and running.  For me the hard part is Eclipse as the add-on
manager stinks (doesn't install dependencies, nor tell you where to
get them, just lists a class file), as most trac plugins just
easy_install, or get dropped in a directory and activated via the
admin.  Setting up apache/subersion/authentication can be a pain, not
hard, just time consuming.

We have used bugzilla, and won't use it again, trac is superior in
every way.  Plus with the wiki, and some key plugins, it's a complete
solution for us to put documents, test plans, requirements, project
information, and perform project management.

Good luck.