On Jul 11, 1:32 am, "Ben Bruscella" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:22 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > We have used bugzilla, and won't use it again, trac is superior in
> > every way.  Plus with the wiki, and some key plugins, it's a complete
> > solution for us to put documents, test plans, requirements, project
> > information, and perform project management.
>
> This sounds very interesting.  Could you please list the key plugins you
> used to achieve this?
>
> Ben
Sure:

So far, we have taken advantage of the following: (some of them are
not the actual names, just close, from memory)
The post-commit-hook script, as mentioned earlier in the thread.  I am
gong to try the tortiseSVN integration soon here.
The Include Macro is very handy, and pretty much enables a lot of the
rest:(including requirements documents, for example, from a version
controlled text file)
The Account Manager plugin
the XMLRPC plugin
the UserManager Plugin to look up contacts quick, not "really" needed,
but a bit handy
The WikiCalendar Plugin This is becoming more useful lately
The PrivateWiki plugin for developer journals
MasterTickets (very handy) and associated supporting tools/plugins
(graphviz, etc)
Timing and Estimation plugin (we hope to do a post mortem, and learn
we suck at estimation)
The svn-urls plugin, which show the subversion link in the source
browswer, handy to copy to tortise/other client and check out a file
after browsing.
the advanced ticket workflow plugin, and a customized workflow.
some custom ticket fields
customized reports/queries (using actual trac links in places like
milestone and version descriptions works really well)
TracForms plugin.  We use it for both checklists in tickets as
reminders, as well as to create "actual" test plans, on a "test"
ticket type.
BatchModify (waiting for it to be cleaned up a bit, but still is
useful)
and, my personal favorite, the TicketBox macro.

Some of the guys are starting to play with the Eclipse/Mylyn-Trac
integration and seem to really like it.  I haven't figured out how to
run eclipse in text mode so.... :D  plus, it takes to long to type
compared to vi

Then all you need to do is customize workflow, tickets, add some
custom TracForm pages, if you use those to include in tickets, as
needed.  Using descriptive, tracLinked, descriptions for versions,
milestones, etc turns out to be very handy as well.

There are some others we have used, or are experimenting with, but are
growing into yet.