I'd be +1 on a plugins-announce list.  Dunno if this list is right for it or
not.  Every once in awhile I'll be perusing trac-hacks and notice a new
extension and wonder "when did this get here?"

I'm also +1 for anything that increases plugin exposure and organization in
general, but will opt out of general suggestions (for now).

Jeff Hammel
IRC: jhammel, k0s