Hi all.

> I'd be +1 on a plugins-announce list.  Dunno if this list is right for it
> or not.  Every once in awhile I'll be perusing trac-hacks and notice a new
> extension and wonder "when did this get here?"

The timeline on trac-hacks.org is also available as RSS feed - this is how
I keep track of what happens there. The benefit of this method is that new
plugins automatically appear on ones radar, even if the author does not
announce it.

However, I agree that a place for announcing new plugin releases would be
helpful, preferably a mailing list.

In terms of moving trac-hacks.org to my server I was already thinking of
adding mailing lists to the services that are provided on t-h.o. My
initial idea was one list where t-h users can discuss site-related issues,
but given that there is enough interest other lists (for announcements,
support for plugin users, ...) could easily be added.

> I'm also +1 for anything that increases plugin exposure and organization
> in general, but will opt out of general suggestions (for now).

There is a feature I like about some blogging systems (WordPress,
Serendipity): a plugin manager. It allows to easily access, browse and
search a central plugin catalogue. Once you found an interesting plugin
you can install it with a single click.

In my opinion, such a feature would be a big plus for Trac. It could be
implemented as plugin, and in fact the "one click installation" is just an
slight extension of the mechanism that allows installing plugins by
uploading an egg with the browser. It could tell the admin if a new
version of an already-installed plugin is available, and allow for an easy
update. Stuff like this.

Comments?

Bye, Mike