On Jul 17, 6:15 am, "oximoron" <oximo...@alinto.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I searched the archives but didn't find any info about my problem.
>
> I would like to be able to call an external script (shell or perl or php)
> when a new ticket is created.
>
> I need that because we interact trac with several other softwares and I need
> to update informations elsewhere when a new ticket is created.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do that?
>
> Thank you
>
> Kenny

I can think of a few ways:
-write a listener plugin
-Using mail notification, run a mailer daemon that fires off the
scripts. (maybe with the AnnouncerPlugin, or
TicketTeamDispatcherPlugin, might be a bit easier)
-use a bot that subscribes to the time-line rss and reacts that way.
(this is what I would do, personally)
-depending on your database back end, use a db trigger
-There's probably a way to use xmlrpc as well.
-There might be a way to modify the genshi template to run a script on
submit, or modify the submit code directly (this would be ugly, and
hard to maintain, IMHO, but sometimes quick and dirty is the way to
go)

I bet someone has even more brilliant ideas.