Dear Matthew,

Sorry for my late response, but I have a lot to fix in my company...

> On a corrupt file, are the file sizes exactly the same?

Yes, it's exactly the same byte-size!
If have tested the localfile with the uploaded file on the server. I also download the 5MB-Jpg-Image with the browser and via ssh-command to localhost again. All files have the same size.

What about your suggestion with "binary diff", how could I do on the linux-system? May you have an example.

Greets,
Peter