Subj: [Trac] Attachment upload error - "stringobject: bad argument to internal function"
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:37:14 +0100
From: Clemens Feige <c.fe...@osypkamed.com>

With my Trac 0.11.6 I had/have problems with large binary files when uploading as ticket attachment. I experimented a little. My guess is that Trac is trying to read a binary file line-by-line like a text file. But because binary files do not have normal line-breaks the "line to read" can become huge. If the "line" is getting too large (somewhere at 240.000 characters) then it fails. The crazy thing is that my problem depends not only on file size but also on file contents.

Note that different from your case, for my issue I get an error message when it happens.

Clemens