On 12/05/2013 09:14 AM, Ala Maison wrote:
You RULE !!! I used the find command, didn't find anything... locate did
the job perfectly

Find recurses from where you start on down. Locate builds an index of all files on disk (nightly, IIRC), then searches that. They each have their uses.

My trac directory seems to be in /var/lib/trac, i found the projects and
everything so i'll try to copy stuff on the new serv and then i'll try
this out.

Sounds like a plan.

The trac version on the old server is 0.10, i hope i will be able to
update and make it work, new to trac, new to python, new to network
troubleshooting... thanks a lot !!!

There's no substitute for immersion.

Now i have to set up the new apache serve, new to this too :D

If you're on something debian-ish (and possibly others), the key is to put config fragments in /etc/apache2/sites-available, then enable them with a2ensite sitename.

You may find my collection of notes of use in your journey of learning:

https://github.com/mattcaron/misc_notes

I'm a compulsive documenter, and this has gotten worse over time (as in, the need to produce better documentation), so you'll find the more recent versions of things to be more complete and explanatory. Grabbing the whole repo and using grep to search for keywords is likely best.

Nothing I have covers Trac (I use it at work, these are notes from home), but there is discussion of setting up other websites, which may help with apache.
--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Red Lion Controls | www.redlion.net