On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:40 PM Mo <burcheri.mass...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as mentioned in https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13640 some Python libraries are
> not available by the Linux distribution, so I like to install them separately
> by pip.
> How can I install for instance xhtml2pdf locally for the trac home in ~trac/ ?
>
> I tried by
>
>  pip install --user xhtml2pdf
>
> and got
>
> $ tree ~trac/.local/lib64/ -L 3
> /mnt/data/trac/.local/lib64/
> └── python3.6
>     └── site-packages

Cannot. Your system installed pip is targeted to Python 3.6. The pip
must be installed as targeted to Python 2.7.
I recommend to use virtualenv with Python 2.7 rather than using system
installed pip.

See https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Python/PYTHON_TARGETS

--
Jun Omae <jun6...@gmail.com> (大前 潤)