Hi Suresh,

>         1. Brings over a child workspace from parent RCS
>         2. Checks for PO dir, (removes whole WS and aborts if PO dir not
> there. )
>         3. Removes the non PO files

Just to make sure, that I understand you correctly:
- you would remove non-PO files to save disk space
- later RCS updates (e.g. "svn update") refer to the specific PO files. This
works well with the current RCS interface in the toolkit.

Maybe I don't get the whole picture, but this sounds like it could be difficult
to add new languages to the project, or?
Could it be easier to just keep the non-PO files instead? Then new languages
would appear automatically via the RCS update.

Just my first thought - maybe I misunderstand something ...

>         4. Checks the PO dir and determine the format (std/gnu)
>         5. If gnu format, lang codes are expanded from iso639 po name,
> is std, from dir names of po files
>         6. Gets the current list of languages supported by Pootle
>         7. Adds the new languages to Pootle
>         8. Adds the new PO files, merges older ones in Pootle.
>         9. The new languages & po files are refreshed in Pootle
>
> Once we have this, we can start working on a project wise PO commit
> script from Pootle end...

this will surely be a necessary step - also regarding "update".

> I will update the group weekly about the progress in this front.

great - thanks for your thoughts!

regards,
Lars