G'day Pål

I'm not a Pootle server guy but allow me to make some guesses (you can
tell me if I'm wrong).  Also could anyone please correct me if I say the
wrong things.

> The procedure so far:
> Created a project, made sure it was set to XLIFF type.
> Tried uploading a sample XLIFF file using the web interface (1)

You can only upload files via the web interface if those files are
modified versions of files that are already on the Pootle web server.

The purpose the web interface's upload function is for translators to
upload translated files, not for project managers to add new files to
the project.

The project manager puts the untranslated files on the Pootle server
manually (by FTP or some similar action).  Unless I'm mistaken, the
Pootle server must be restarted when new source files are added.

So new or a new version of the source text is a separate function that
can't be done via the web interface.

> Also, the project stops working altogether, only giving the error
> message above.

I also sometimes get cases where a project stops working, if I've
uploaded something that I shouldn't have.  Restarting the server usually
works.  Personally I think the "upload with overwrite" function is very
dangerous and should only be done by someone who works with the server
admin.

Samuel

--
Samuel Murray [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Decathlon, for volunteer opensource translations