On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Dwayne Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 01:23 +0200, Israel Saeta Pérez wrote:
>> btw, this could help:
>>  http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/wiki/05Migration
>
> Seen that thanks, it was quite helpful for downgrading :)
>

>> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Israel Saeta Pérez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hello guys, I don't understand a few things so I hope you can explain
>> > them to me - I apologize for my ignorance.
>> >
>> > 1) Why do you want to downgrade SQLAlchemy to 0.4? Because it's a beta
>> > version? Is it known to be really unstable?
>
> My concern is that 0.5 will not be widely available on the platforms
> that people use to run Pootle e.g. Debian.  If we need 0.5 and Debian is
> still 0.4 then it becomes hard to deploy.

Why don't we like "easy_install SQLAlchemy"?

> But all this debate might be moot as a) Mozootle still needs merging to
> trunk/ b) 0.5 might be released, c) Distro's might have packages
> availables
>
>> > 2) What's the .query stuff you're talking about? Could you point me to
>> > the guilty code lines?
>
> Sure. Just about all files in mozootle/ have them.  See here for some
> examples:
>
> http://translate.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/translate/src/branches/mozootle/indexpage.py?revision=8119&view=markup
>
> lines 127-129 are problem ones.

They're rather advanced to me, but I have some ideas:

According to the join syntax described in
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/sqlalchemy_orm_query.html#docstrings_sqlalchemy.orm.query_Query,
we shouldn't use a class as the first element of the tuple of the
first argument of the join function, but a string property or a class
mapped attribute.

SQLAlchemy-0.4 does support scalar selects:
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/sqlexpression.html#sql_everythingelse_scalar

Try this:
topreview = asession.query(User.name,
func.count(Suggestion.id)).join(User.suggestionsReviewed).group_by(User.name).order_by(func.count(Suggestion.id).desc())[:5]

--
Israel Saeta Pérez
http://dukebody.com