On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 23:11 +0200, Israel Saeta Pérez wrote:
> Sorry Dwayne, you were completely right, SQLAlchemy 4.x doesn't
> support arbitrary select statements in the Query objects but only full
> rows, as stated in the 05Migration document referenced earlier.
>
> But I guess we could translate the Query statement to a SQLAlchemy sql
> expression following
>

> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/04/sqlexpression.html#sql_everythingelse_scalar
>
> Anyways, since SQLAlchemy is 0.5rc1 now and it can be easily (IMHO)
> installed using easy_install, I think that banging our heads with this
> problem isn't worth it.
>
> What do you think?

I agree.  If we really do need to investigate this then we can.  And
frankly putting hardcoded SQL statements extracted from the 0.5 query
objects would be my work around :)

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* The birth of the GNU generation
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/birth-gnu-generation
* Firefox users experience discrimination
* RPM packages for py lib 0.9.2