Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 4:12:20 AM, Dwayne Bailey wrote:

DB> KhmerOS I believe has continued to develop this you might want to try at
DB> there website.

If you are referring to the website www.khmeros.info, I have noticed that it is
down.

DB> I'd seriously give Virtaal a try, its early days yet and its showing
DB> great promise.

Thank you very much for the tip. I saw it on the Translation wiki, but to be
honest, I didn't really understand what it was for. I am sorry to say your blog
didn't help much either, Dwayne. I'm probably not technical enough.
I did download the Virtaal setup for Windows (I'm sorry to say that is still my
OS) and played around with it some.
The first thing I noticed was that part of the user interface (I should
probably say 'part of the menu') was translated to Dutch, and part of it
wasn't. So, the first thing I tried was to load the packaged *.mo files in the
'nl' folder and immediately got an error (error: unpack requires a string
argument of length 8).
Next, I tried to view a couple of  PO files and was pleasantly surprised. Once
I got used to the interface, it was pretty straightforward. I especially like
the feature that allows you to move up and down through the selected category
or search results with Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down.
I haven't done any editing yet, but will try that soon (I'd like to translate
the virtaal POT file I downloaded), to see some of the other features in action.

For now, let me congratulate you on this very promising piece of software. I
will definitely add my suggestions to the wiki.

Tom