On 07/16/2012 10:44 AM, tegskywal...@hotmail.com wrote:
"LibSF was created to be a God-fearing alternative to both the Linux Foundation and The FSF (Free Software Foundation), because of certain beliefs held by their founders."

It is not a parody. It is a fundamental difference of foundation. RMS works with free software because he believes in it. Personally. He doesn't have a foundation in anything other than his personal sense of morals and ethics as to why he believes in it. This is well stated in his book Free as in Freedom, along with countless other interviews.

Torvalds is also an atheist, describing himself as "completely a-religious -- atheist."

For me, I cannot contribute to either of those projects. They are founded upon people whose lives are not founded upon God, and specifically Jesus Christ. So, I had to create something new with which to proceed.

I don't know if this is serious or a parody. I'm really curious because this seems in response to RMS fully supporting the objectification of children and his viewpoints being reflective of the FSF as a whole. Heck, this site even has its own GPL, Affero, and Lesser GPL licenses too.

It is serious. And as I say, I am probably making every mistake possible in how I am getting it off the ground. It is the best I can do, and I pray that the mistakes will be corrected over time.

I am doing this because I know that everything we are, everything we have comes from God, and through His Son, Jesus Christ. Without our building everything we do upon Him, nothing we do will ever stand or be of value.

LibSF is my faith put into practice, and my beliefs put into action.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin