The philosophy of freedom being more important is a correct one. If we want to have free software, we cannot accept non-free software.

It is the freedom to have that community (and move within it) that matters. It is about the people and the people's ability to grow and expand upon the skills and gifts of others that matters. It is about that growth that matters.

See, we're all supposed to be here for one another. We're supposed to look to God, who, as the Creator, teaches us everything about ourselves. And then we take that knowledge and understanding and we look to our fellow man, those He's placed here with us, and each of us, using our unique and special gifts, examines how we can contribute to that community He created, and to do so that others might receive and build upon our offering, our work, to take it and improve upon it by their own unique and special gifts, so they ultimately produce something more than what could've done by our more limited selves in the first place, so that even of our own work, that work which we cast out "unto the waters from our shores," that even we might receive something far better back from the community.

This is how we're supposed to be. All of us. And if everybody did this ... everybody would be constantly receiving something better back than what they offered.

The unique and special talents we all possess, they are meant to be shared, given to others that they might improve, both improve themselves through instruction and observation, but also to improve the actual work through unique insight and gifts.

We offer what we have, so that others can receive and contribute and add back to it, so that when it comes back our way it's more than we sent out.

This is how we're supposed to be to each other. God gives us everything and teaches us how to serve others, and in so doing we are wholly served ourselves.

None of us are here by accident. We are all part of a plan. And it is God, through His Son Jesus Christ, who shows us how to be, how to live, how to share, how to give, and yes also how to TRULY receive ... and that by giving.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin