> Fedora for example doesn't has this, the problem is with Firefox and Linux non-free firmware. I think is more easy to clean Fedora with Linux-libre than Ubuntu.

+1, Freed-ora[1] already does a good job at blacklisting non-free kernels. Main problems I can think of with Fedora are (1) lack of LTS release and shorter release cycle, and (2) it might take a lot of effort to change scripts to rebrand. There might be other problems as well.

> And with recent GNOME it's terrible and annoying.

The problem is that fallback mode is not as well tested (by upstream). It's usable, but there's annoying things like when windows open, the text in the window list covers the icon.

I'm interested to see what direction Trisquel goes for Ubuntu 13.10 if it uses GNOME 3.8 without fallback mode.

1: http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/selibre/linux-libre/freed-ora