Last year I took it upon myself to clean up th licensing problems with Chromium, but the source is so messed up with multitude of files in multiple directories, with different, unclear licenses, and many of them without any licensing information at all. Many files are there which have comments suggesting they were reverse-engineered from the Win32 api. Removing folders pertaining to other platforms resulted in failed builds. That's why I finally gave up.

Maybe the condition has improved, maybe not. I'm thinking about taking it up again as soon as I sort out my own life.