Exactly! If we don't care about copyright and disobey it, we will do more harm than good, because we will break the power of GPL and CC and other free licenses. We want changes in copyright laws and Public Domain laws, and we want more freedom to share.... We have to fight for those changes, we have to encourage producers to use free licenses, we have to create even NEW licenses that allow people to make profit with free content. Piracy will never be the answer, and it will bring about BAD things, like DRM and Copyright extended periods. I believe I have already suggested a different, new type of license that would make community be able to access the source code and make changes, while still making the money go to the person who created the software in the first place. It was an iddea, I don't say it's perfect, but it could be worked into something better. But if we are unwilling to make any changes in our behavior and in our way of thinking, we will never get any gain out of this whole thing.

Also, let's be honest, why would we want to use proprietary software, when the best software available is the free one?
VLC, GIMP, Firefox, Tor, LibreOffice, MediaCoder, etc.