Misconceptions
 don't become true just because they are common. When something is
popular it does not magically become right.  If an article on Wikipedia
is wrong due to popular misconception, we should help its moderators
understand why it's wrong so that it can be corrected.

Some people are slow to understand things. I count myself among them. It
 takes some persistence to get through to people like me. So, with the
moderators on Wikipedia, we just need to be persistent and have
patience. Eventually, they'll understand.

The GNU/Linux naming controversy is not just political. Calling the GNU
operating system "Linux" is flat out erroneous.

The operating system has been GNU all along. GNU is not just a toolchain
 as "Linux" proponents argue. GNU is the name of the operating system as
 a whole. Calling it GNU/Linux is already a compromise. The acronym
itself is testament to this.

The acronym GNU comes from an old tradition of naming a new program
using an acronym that

1) is a real word itself,

2) is recursive, and

3) gives a nod to its predecessor (if it has one).

GNU is a real word, it is recursive, and it gives a nod to the
predecessor which it replaces, Unix. It doesn't matter what kernel is
used, the operating system is still GNU.

Imagine if Honda plastered its emblem onto a Tesla because a couple of
Honda engineers helped build a part used in the Tesla. Even if that car
became popularly identified as a Honda, it would still be inaccurate to
call it a Honda. Popular doesn't mean right.