>If what you're wanting to do is prepare the pages for later release as publicly editable wiki pages then the easiest solution is to edit them on your PC using a plain text editor such as gedit then copy and paste it into the wiki when you're ready.

I does exactly as you described except that developing a page is not that simple as you might think, there are additional work besides the page design, text, etc. like additional pages for application compilation, installation, and setup instructions, and it can take weeks to months to finish them. Also, publishing them in WIP fashion encourages me to constantly work on them, and there's practically no barrier where it can be considered as finished, and no more work is needed because the page reached their goal.

Applications are constantly evolving, switching from one control system to other, abandoning the work on maintaining one repository, while someone volunteering to maintain other, new applications coming out, new ideas popping up on what can be done better, etc.. As you can see, there is no something like "when its finished", only "when it's in good shape for a release".

There is one other reason I want to continue to work in this fashion, and that's because I would like in case I abandon the work on this, not having to discard all my work just like that. Having my work published is the best way to avoid these situations.