A friend of mine (who uses Windows 8; I know that's awful) for some reason doesn't understand that Windows 8 is not what my friend should have because my friend is trying to find some laptop that's simple; my friend just doesn't understand that Windows (or Mac) is NOT /*caps intended*/ the only option. I showed my friend this: https://static.fsf.org/fsforg/graphics/win8_infographic_final.png but my friend didn't really consider the fact that Linux wasn't /*italic*/ that bad. So what can I do to convince my friend to switch to Trisquel from Windows 8? Should I convince my friend to use things like Cygwin and GIMP on Windows and then switch to Trisquel? Should I take a "head first" approach and just tell my friend to install it?

(Postscript: I didn't want to mention Windows 8 in this though I sort of had to.)