Do not expect from this community any help to install proprietary software. There are alternatives to Skype. I simply use Pidgin for video-conferences. Apparently, Jitsi is the best option (I have never tried it). There is Ekiga too.

Gnash works on very few websites. People usually need Flash video players on popular sites such as YouTube, DailyMotion or Vimeo. In this specific area, several free software solutions exist. I mainly use ViewTube (a GreaseMonkey script) and try UnPlug if ViewTube fails. Take a look at this documentation for other solutions.