You should consider leaving your WiFi without a password so other people can use it.

Almost everyone's WiFi routers stay idle most of the time. Even when the WiFi owner uses the Internet connection, it isn't usually utilized fully. Why not share the connection then? That's what I do and it doesn't make my connection bad.

Sometimes when I'm out with my laptop, I'm able to connect to the Internet through someone's opened WiFi router. I can then do some web browsing and some brief communication through my computer. If find this very useful. If most WiFi routers were opened like this, cell phones will be a lot less useful.

Try leaving your WiFi without a password to see, if it's any hindrance at all.