You are making it sound like this is something very dangerous and it's not.

The router has an option for no password, so people can use it. If your country's police is known for severely punishing people without WiFi password, you should probably be aware of this.

I know where I live there are many public spaces where they have WiFi without password, so I don't feel I need to do "a lot of research about the law" to figure how things are. I have better things to do.

In any case, you are free to do your law research because I wont. But first consider what is good for people. If everyone worries so much about breaking the law rather than doing good, I think everyone will be pretty miserable.