I've been having trouble logging in to a bank account too recently. I couldn't even log in with Firefox. Eventually out of desperation (and knowing that banks are fairly good at security and compensation) I tried (cough)ie(cough) on a non-GNU/Linux workstation. Even that didn't work until I reduced the security settings slightly. I guessed that the bank system is redirecting to, or running scripts on, another domain and the browser won't let it, so it just hangs. Either that or it's trying to do something my firewall won't allow.