I actually just posted on this. I believe this is a near complete list of the 802.11n wireless chipsets that are free software friendly:

RTL8187L/RTL8187B/RTL8187 - USB G wireless Adapters
AR9271/AR9170/AR7010+AR9280 - USB N Wireless Adapters
AR9280/AR9281/AR9285/AR9287 - PCI/PCI Express Wireless N Cards (desktop and laptop cards)

* There is one Broadcom chipset left off the list that is also free software friendly technically although from my understanding/recollection its not a good choice. It's a PCI/PCIe chipset. One of the developers advised me against using it. This was a developer who actually worked at and did the work on behalf of Broadcom (from what I recall/understand). That said there is at least one user here whose been using it without issue. A user of one though isn't really a good evaluation to go off. Given the combined info I have on it from various sources/people/etc I'd advise not using it and going with one of the other chipsets. I'd also advise against the AR9170 chipset at this time even though it is a good free software friendly chipset. It's based on an older draft N spec and may/does not work as well with some routers.

http://libre.thinkpenguin.com/

You can find the wifi adapters amongst other free software friendly hardware with the above chipsets at the above site. You can order from a US or UK warehouse with shipment almost anywhere. If you do order 25% of the profits will go to the Trisquel project too.

* Disclaimer: I'm the CEO of the company above.