How does the Trisquel project guarantee the long-term sustainability of the project? I've check the developers' mailing list from Oct. 2013 to Nov. 2014 and found out that only 7 users have contributed patches (Ruben has write access to the repo. (Only the creators of subjects on the mailing list counted not replies.)

 +Legimet 12
 +Andrew 'Leny' Lindley 5
 +mejiko 2
 +Damien Zammit 1
 +Michał Masłowski 1
 +Massimo Pucci 1
 +isleofmax 1

It mean we have only 3 contributors who contributed more than once. What if we lose them? Why does Ruben do everything by himself? Can't anyone help him?

In my opinion, what this project lacks is 'collaboration of developers'. This project does not have a public system for inviting newcomers to commit code and time. This project is great but it advances only in a monopolistic manner and strangers are not welcome. Maybe a mentoring program can solve this issue in long term. We need a systematic approach to invite as much users as possible to the party and make them be part of it.

My solution:
1. we can create a mailing list, for instance devel-newcomers, where newcomers can ask **stupid questions** about ways they can participate and seek help.

2. Some developers volunteer for working with new developers on devel-newcomers

3. Ruben gradually give more power to long-term and trusted contributors like Legimet, Leny, Jason, etc.

4. feedback, feedback, and feedback. It can glue the new contributors to the project and signal them that their idea are important.

and at last, I wish great success for Trisquel.