To expand on what @Michał Masłowski said. The Developer Meetings[1] which were a consequence of some mid-2012 work[2] by @Chris and others were a response to similar discussions 2.5 years ago and the matter is in hand with the new contribution / community system being part of the response. (Yes it really does take that long to develop/modify and bring online a significant new system).

The need to join trisquel-devel so patches can be accepted is clearly documented in the package helpers page[3].

As I've said elsewhere on the forum in the past, to me, allowing for the fact he his extremely busy and massively overcommitted, Rubén's communication style seems to be simply be a very hard pressed flavour of what is documented of geek subculture by e.g. ESR's essays (although beware their quality ain't great, see [4] and mind the 'hacker' misnomer). So quidam's comms are not good by non-geek standards but are an understandable and rational response to the situation within the context of the subculture.

I think the linked reading is about all you need to have an informed discussion.

Leny

[1] https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/developer-meetings
[2] https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/proposed-policies-procedures-solutions
[3] https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/package-helpers