I am typing this from my new Debian installation. Which is COMPLETELY UNUSABLE, because whenever I try to apt-get install anything, I am asked to insert the disk I used to install the system. I installed the system by burning a CD image to a USB drive. So I'm coming back to Trisquel, because anything is better than not being able to install any software.

$ lspci | grep VGA
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS880M [Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series]

I'm not sure it's my graphics card. I think it's Trisquel. Under 5.5 I had 3D acceleration and could use Blender. Under 6.0 that disappeared, but the graphics are okay. Now, under 7.0, the graphics are just plain bad.